LanguageWire is one of the top 40 language service providers worldwide. We service more than 2,000 clients from offices in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Gothenburg, Oslo, London, Hamburg, Munich, Gdańsk and Kiev.
LanguageWire uses Goodwings for hotel bookings. This means that approximately 5% of what we spend on hotels goes to a charitable project of our choice. We are currently supporting Plan Denmark’s initiative: Empowering Girls Through Education. We believe by using Goodwings we make a positive difference in the world.
Facts about LanguageWire
- 2017 – LanguageWire aims even higher with CataCap as its partner.
- Handled more than 135,000 jobs in 2016 with a total volume of more than 150 million words.
- A global network of over 5,000 language experts, including translators, proofreaders, copywriters and graphic designers.
- Employs 800 full-time translators every month.
- More than 150 full-time employees.
- Founded in 2000 by CEO Henrik Lottrup
- AA credit rating with a positive bottom line for more than 15 consecutive years
- The company has enjoyed steady growth since it was launched.
Milestones – A story of continual development
- 2017: CataCap acquires a majority stake in LanguageWire.
- 2017: LanguageWire launches major platform update.
- 2016: LanguageWire establishes office in Gdansk, Poland.
- 2015: LanguageWire launches two innovative integration technologies: LanguageWire Sitecore Connector and LanguageWire Episerver Connector.
- 2014: LanguageWire establishes office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- 2013: LanguageWire passes DKK 150m in annual turnover.
- 2013: LanguageWire handles more than 100,000 jobs from more than 2,000 clients.
- 2013: LanguageWire launches a new, improved version of the customer platform Agito.
- 2013: LanguageWire is among the top 40 largest translation companies in the world.
- 2011: LanguageWire is among the top 50 largest translation companies in the world.
- 2010: LanguageWire passes DKK 100m in annual turnover.
- 2010: LanguageWire launches Live Translation.
- 2010: LanguageWire establishes office in London.
- 2010: LanguageWire establishes office in Munich, Germany.
- 2007: LanguageWire establishes office in Oslo, Norway.
- 2005: LanguageWire establishes office in Hamburg, Germany.
- 2003: LanguageWire establishes office in Sweden via acquisition of Convey translations.
- 2001: LanguageWire launches Agito, the client platform that proves central to the company’s future development.
- 2001: LanguageWire is a part of Ernst&Young’s Entrepreneur of the Year.
- 2001: LanguageWire wins the Reboot Award for Best IT Strategy.
- 2001: First employee hired.
- 2000: LanguageWire founded in Copenhagen.