The content manager’s lot
Creating content can be a loveless chore. You feed the machine, but it will always want more. You struggle to create something that makes the page feel alive. Then it needs to be translated, times five.
That means you need to send source files to five different translators, get the text back, send it to be internally reviewed, coordinate and combine all the comments and corrections, and then copy and insert the amended text into all the language versions on the website.
It’s a tricky and time-consuming process, and it’s a common task for a content manager. However, there is a solution that streamlines language work in your digital platform. A solution that makes the entire translation process as smooth and painless as possible.
The Episerver Connector
The LanguageWire Episerver Connector is a translation solution that is integrated into your Episerver platform. This allows you to send your website - either partially or entirely - for translation directly from Episerver, in just a few simple clicks. The automated process allows you to free up time so you can focus on strategic goals, content optimisation, new initiatives and promotions instead.
Here’s a run-down of some major benefits to be gained from translation integration and automation with a LanguageWire Episerver Connector:
- Shorten your time-to-market
- Avoid annoying copy-paste errors
- Simplify multilingual content creation workflows
- Free up resources and reduce costs
- Centralise translation and keep an overview
- Added security via HTTPS encrypted data transfer
- Standard NuGet package that installs through regular deployment methods
- Select the content to be translated, fill up the basket and proceed with the order whenever it suits you.
- Advanced settings – e.g. you can define beforehand which fields and templates can be translated.
- Stable and secure synchronisation between Episerver and LanguageWire, so system crashes, loss of internet connection etc. won’t disturb your projects and deadlines.
- The simple installation and updating procedure means that new versions of the Episerver Connector can be installed in just a few minutes.
How it works
Like in an online store, you choose the content you want to send for translation. You do this in your Episerver Edit View. This is where the Episerver Connector is implemented. It’s up to you if you would like to send individual pages or blocks to be translated - or if you would prefer to create a project that contains several pages and blocks. You can also choose which target languages you would like your content to be translated into. As soon as you’ve collected the required content in the basket, you proceed with your order with just a few simple clicks.
2. Checking and handling
Our Episerver Connector is equipped with an automatic validation function, which checks and validates the files before they are sent for translation. Then, your assigned project manager and language expert team receive the job in LanguageWire and get started on the work. You can always follow the progress of your translation jobs directly in your Episerver CMS.
When your translation is finished, it’s automatically sent to your Episerver CMS and is placed in the pre-defined language version. You’ll now be able to see a preview of the text and approve it before you publish.
It’s that easy
No external programs, files or complicated and time-consuming processes - instead you have simple, secure and effective management of all your translations.